Well, Welcome Back Pakistanis, hope you enjoyed the protest.
Referring the previous posts, it all ended up with a massive internet blackout in Pakistan. More than 1400 websites blocked including YouTube, Wikipedia, flickr, twitter and of course Facebook.
I have been against protests on internet in the form of boycott, creating display pics, avatars, signatures etc etc from the very beginning, because;
(in order of importance)
1) It provokes Islamo-phobes to be more abusive towards the prophet
2) Lots of people do not know current web trend. Stupid protests like these make them know how people mock prophet, and give them an open door to join the ‘sketch party’
3) It create violence in the country, if you are protesting in an outdoor 50 degree Celsius heat and smashing KFC glass windows, I bet the group creators are having a very good time in their home countries
4) You get a blockage of useful sites like Wikipedia (pls don’t tell me you write school / college assignments all by yourself)
5) You just cannot control internet, it is absolutely not possible. If you censor content in your home country it doesn’t mean the content got deleted. Do not act like politicians of Pakistan, you know what they do right? sit at raiwind, zardari house, mardan house, nine zero with their doors shut and eyes closed saying, “everything is just fine”. Everything on the internet is not fine and will never be fine and you cannot do much about it by blocking the pages you are just closing your own eyes.
Have read this a million times over the internet (check the snippet from bbc urdu blog comments).. People say.. “ye maslay ka hal nahi to phir maslay ka hal kia hai”..
and the people who post such questions are not crazy people, they are very much genuine in their argument. well, maslay ka hal is pretty simple;
1) Ignore it, its better than advertising it with protests.
2) If you are a real deal, throw up some money to hackers group like The G Force (Pakistan) Iranian Cyber Army (Iran).
As said before;
Comments are open and don’t line up for moderation
Do not post any website link unless it is referring to good information
Be nice with each other